Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors
Harmony United Psychiatric Care Logo

Does ADHD/ADD ever go away as a child grows into adulthood?

The course of ADHD varies. Symptoms have been shown to persist into adolescence in 60 to 85 percent of cases, and into adult life in about 60 percent of cases. The remaining 40 percent of cases may remit at puberty or early. In some cases, the hyperactivity may disappear, but the decreased attention span and impulse-control problems persist. Most individuals with the disorder undergo partial remission and are vulnerable to antisocial behavior, substance use disorders, and mood disorders. Learning problems often continue throughout life.

Do children with ADHD/ADD have other mental health problems?

Most children with ADHD have some social difficulties. Socially dysfunctional children with ADHD/ADD have significantly higher rates of other psychiatric disorders and have more problems with behavior in school as well as with family members and peers. Overall, the outcome of ADHD/ADD in childhood seems to be related to the degree of other mental health issues, including conduct disorder, social disability, and chaotic family factors. 

Mental Health Library Sources:

Information included in all topics of the Mental Health Library comes from the Desk Reference to the Diagnostic Criteria From DSM-5 and Kaplan & Sadock’s Concise Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry. Complete diagnostic and treatment information may be found within these publications.


Information within the Mental Health Library is not intended to be used for self-diagnosis purposes. Rather, it is provided as a public educational service to make people aware of mental health conditions. Please consult a qualified mental health professional for a diagnosis of any suspected mental health illness.

Our Impact in Numbers

Discover the essence of Harmony United Psychiatric Care through our impactful numbers. Our experienced team is dedicated to fostering mental well-being.



Years of Experience

With 10 years of unwavering commitment to mental health, we bring a wealth of experience to support our patients on their journey.

About Us




Our dedicated team comprises 58 skilled therapists', psychiatrists', psychologists', ensuring personalized and expert care for each individual.





Across multiple locations, we extend our reach to provide accessible mental health care tailored to diverse communities.




Patients Served

Over 70000 patients have entrusted us with their mental well-being, experiencing compassionate care and positive outcomes.

Book Appointment

Discover Harmony

Welcome to the latest edition of “Discover Harmony,” the newsletter from Harmony United Psychiatric Care! In this edition, we bring you insights, updates, and valuable information to support your mental well-being journey.

Subscribe to newsletter

© Copyright 2024 HUPCFL All Rights Reserved.


Book Appt



Pay Bill